“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.”
― Carl Sagan,
And so ends the main series of Uchuu Sentai Kyuuranger/Space Sentai Kyuuranger/Space Squadron Nineranger/however else one might spell or translate it.
It likely comes as no surprise that your hosts are a little emotional about these episodes. Especially since one was basically watching all our favorites die tragic deaths as part of a magic-based suicide plan to resurrect the love in the universe before giving us a good Don Armage for two seconds before taking us to “…and they lived happily ever after”.
We have some notes for these episodes and the series overall, but by and large, your hosts are gonna miss these good space kids.
Topics under discussion:
- When Mouri Nobuhiro was into a story, he wrote the HELL out of it.
- Shibasaki Takayuki is a good director generally, but in these episodes, he hit it out of the park.
- Boukenger comes up a few times. Once, Aleph even brings it up first. Shocking, we know.
- We somehow came around on Lucky and agree that he’s finally earned the right to have us cheer when he surfs in on a meteor.
- We never quite came around on Tsurugi. Just. Nah. He’s still less than great.
- It’s “nice” that the person who got the fewest focus episodes was Spada instead of either of the ladies.
- Raptor didn’t get enough episodes, but we hope her and Spada are happy together.
- Hammy could have used more episodes, but at least she got to bust on someone again.
- Xiao is one of the more fun extra heroes in a while.
- We’re happy we didn’t see Kotaro die.
- Garu, however, got a shockingly brutal death. We’re glad he got to be with his boyfriend at the end of the show.
- Champ, as ever, lives up to his name.
- Balance was so perfectly Balance.
- Naga remains Aleph’s favorite.
- Stinger remains Sono’s favorite.
This episode was so full of #feels™ we didn’t even have a chance to talk about the hand-off to Lupinranger vs. Patoranger!
|Right-click and hit “Save As…” to download|Episode Length 1:43:23|
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan,
Join us as we finish our trip through the stars with Space Sentai Kyuuranger! It’s been a long and winding trip across the milky way to the final showdown on Earth for our twelve legendary saviors. Find out how we think everything wrapped up in:
Space Sentai Kyuuranger
Episode 47 – A Promise Between Saviors
Episode 48 – Let it Ring Throughout The Universe — Yossha Lucky!
Episode Writer: Mouri Nobuhiro
Episode Director: Shibasaki Takayuki
Hit up the hosts to talk about Sentai, Rider, and tokusatsu in general.