We did our best not to make as many of
these jokes as we wanted to.
[Hi, Aleph here! Iiiiiii forgot to properly enter the scheduled date for this episode to go up; sorry it’s late!]
Dear Listeners, this is gonna be a weird one.
Not only is there some discussion of a mildly insulting attempt to endear us to a character who’s been hecking up on the reg, we also get to try and make sense out of the much-dreaded (though less frustrating than we feared) extra hero. A wild swing between “cool” and “frustrating” that could make this a very interesting kind of episode of Laser Knees.
Things to look forward to include:
- Kaneko Kaori’s batting average is less-than-stellar.
- Power dynamics and a nearly-deliberate misreading and misunderstanding thereof.
- The power of set design.
- The power of toy design.
- Commander Hilltop: still the best.
- Gangler biology.
- Solidarity in hating the new guy.
- Solidarity in disliking Sakuya.
- Who does Noel remind us of? The answer might surprise you.
- Screaming zombie meta-monkey Son Goku.
- Moments where we realize that it’s difficult to describe aspects of Noel’s activities in ways that don’t sound like innuendo or euphemism.
All this and more on this episode of Laser Knees!!!
“My Patranger counterpart is nearby… real nearby.”
|Right-click “Save As” to download|Episode Length 1:27:39|
Thief Sentai Lupinranger
Police Sentai Patranger
Episode 19 – The Price for Disobeying Orders
Episode Writer: Kaneko Kaori
Episode Director: Nakazawa Shoujiro
Episode 20 – The New Thief is an Officer
Episode Writer: Komura Junko
Episode Director: Katou Hiroyuki
- Sono’s thoughts on Akira’s Room from ToQGer
- Somehow Aleph forgot to mention that the Gangler in episode 19 looks a lot like the Transformer Pretender, Octopunch.
Hit up the hosts to talk about Sentai, Rider, and tokusatsu in general.