Boy, Toei really has been doing a lot of stuff with poisoning lately, haven’t they?
But while Keiichiro recovers, you can sit back and listen to your humble(?) hosts talk about a couple episodes of your favorite extended piece of Super Sentai infighting!
Subjects touched on include:
- Ponderings on a taxonomy of reds (and attendant Patreon ponderings).
- Thoughts on the appearance of extra heroes/sixth rangers/whatever one would call that.
- Frustration about female characters always (or at least “very frequently”) having plots built around competition.
- How great it is to have Naruhisa Arakawa writing things. He’s great.
- How great Komura Junko can be.
- The continuing excellence of the fight choreography and camerawork.
- Suddenly having Keiichiro being our favorite character.
- More discussion of an idealized police service compared to the less-than-ideal reality.
- Character motivations being surprisingly affecting.
- “The seat I have doesn’t come cheap, capisce?”
All this and much, much more in this episode of Laser Knees!
|Right-click “Save As” to download|Episode Length 1:35:47|
Thief Sentai Lupinranger
Police Sentai Patranger
Episode 13 – The Best and Worst Day Off
Episode 14 – The Trap is Set
Episode Writer (13): Arakawa Naruhisa
Episode Writer (14): Komura Junko
Episode Director (13): Sugihara Teruaki
Episode Director (14): Katou Hiroyuki
Hit up the hosts to talk about Sentai, Rider, and tokusatsu in general.