In this Moon Speak, Sono and Ammit discuss of Act.33 which is Sailor Moon Crystal 34. This episode features a new transformation, shocking revelations a few unanswered questions and a surprise attacks that leaves the guardians reeling.
| Save As… to Download |Episode length: 0:32:27
Here at the TOH Network, we like to acknowledge the people who work on all the shows we discuss and offer thanks for their effort as we critique the finished product.
Nothing new for this week.
Monster of the Week (Basically)
The two-in-one Witch, Death Buster Cyprine and Ptilol are dispatched by Super Sailor Moon’s Moon Rainbow Heartache, thus ending the Witches 5.
Something happens to Hotaru and something happens to Sailor Chibi Moon… Can’t wait until next week to see how this continues.
Was there anything that rubbed you the wrong way?
- I really didn’t like seeing Hotaru in her very underwear-like pj’s. I get that people sleep like this, but she’s a kid and we don’t need to see every intimate detail of her private life. We don’t see much with any of the other characters.
- Saturn is a Sailor guardian called upon in emergencies and her one tactic is to destroy the entire Universe. That seems a bit much to me.
- Seconding on Hotaru in her jammies. A lot of the framing of it was just really creepy. It feels odd for Hotaru, who would likely need to be more covered up due to her illness, to just kind of be hanging around in her underwear? At least a nightgown might have felt a bit more appropriate? But the combination of her in her underwear and also on her knees the way she was, was just not a great visual.
- The use of “power-up”
What were some lovely things you found especially catching?
- Usagi pours the Grail’s contents onto herself to transform into Super Sailor Moon
- Chibi-Usa’s elation about Super Sailor Moon and her warm memories of home were really touching. Her feelings really came across for me.
- Everyone is FLYING!
- The jokes about Haruka and Michiru’s extravagant lifestyle were so good.
- The jokes about the damage to the apartment and how Haruka would have to pay for it were also really funny and definitely felt like the sort of humor I’m used to from the outers.
- Chibiusa was great this episode. She’s a strong little lady torn between a lot of people she really cares about (Her old best friend going out to kill her new best friend?!) and she’s making tough choices and I”m proud of her for doing the right thing. You go, small lady.
What were some of the best or worst lines that stood out to you?
“I can’t believe this. Sailor Moon, what is this power?”
-Professor Tomoe upon seeing the radiance of Super Sailor Moon.
“Is that Sailor Chibi Moon?”
-Pluto as she and the Outers are staking out the Tomoe residence and Chibiusa shows up to protect Hotaru.
These are questions sparked by the episode. Sono and Ammit discuss them in the show and want to hear your thoughts too. Please comment on this post to answer or use Twitter, Tumblr or send your replies to the inbox.
- What are your thoughts on Super Sailor Moon?
- How do you feel hearing the Outers say they’ll sacrifice Hotaru to preserve all other life in the Universe?
- What are your thoughts on the other awakened in Hotaru?
- Did Queen Serenity start over life in the Universe?
- Why are the Death Busters and Pharaoh 90 connected to this other within Hotaru?
We hope you enjoyed the show and thank you for listening. If you’d like to comment on our thoughts, or ask any questions about Sailor Moon Crystal, send your supplications to our inbox, show us your magical might by enchanting our Submission Box on Tumblr or tell us to believe in ourselves or give us any other messages on twitter @unkamenrx.
You can reach us individually