In this Moon Speak, Sono and Ammit discuss Sailor Moon Crystal 30. Evening wear, cross-dressing, and not addressing blatant issues take center stage as Usagi and company head to Mugen academy for the debut performance of Sailor Neptune and Sailor Uranus.
Save As… to Download |Episode length: 0:20:51
Here at the TOH Network, we like to acknowledge the people who work on all the shows we discuss and offer thanks for their effort as we critique the finished product.
Sono: Still nothing.
Monster of the Week (Not Quite)
Mimete of the Witches 5, now 4 is defeated in this episode. Neptune and Uranus make short work of her.
Was there anything that rubbed you the wrong way?
- Chibi-Usagi should have been taught not to keep secrets! Have the Tsukinos not told her about how bad secrets are!?!?! Secrets are dangerous and can be harmful. Body Safety rules, etc.
- Hotaru knows her dad is making the Daimon and just calls him eccentric! This was unintentionally funny.
- The fights are all too short. I like how amazingly powerful that makes the Senshi look – and they are- but I’d like to see more action.
- Haruka was phrasing things in a super creepy way in the helicopter conversation. “Oh yeah we know Usagi really well but she doesn’t really know us.” Something about all of it just creeped me out a little.
What were some lovely things you found especially catching?
- The shared dream is great. I really like that everyone is acknowledging it now. All the Silver Millennium attached people are anyway.
- Small Lady shared the power of the Legendary Silver Crystal with Hotaru.
- The tenderness from Haruka towards Usagi was interesting and unexpected and felt really sincere.
- I love all the evening wear! I especially like how Mamoru left his cape hat and mask home, but is in his tuxedo.
- Minako pulling an Usagi with her Sailor V compact and the accompanying music was fantastic.
- Everyone’s formal-wear was great but I especially loved Chibiusa’s cute little dress. It suits her so well and I almost feel like it comes out of an outfit from an artbook or something. It’s just a really cute look for her.
- Chibiusa healing Hotaru was so sweet and really shows how much Chibiusa has grown that she’s able to use the power of the Silver Crystal to help others.
- Minako was a treasure this episode with her love of pop culture and idols, and sneaking off to see Mimi’s show for fun, even if it happened to be what saved the day
What were some of the best or worst lines that stood out to you?
“I got tickets from Michiru. I was going to come with you, Usa. But you said you had tickets.”
-Mamoru to Usagi outside the concert when he and Chibiusa run into Usagi and the girls outside of the violin concert. This just felt very sweet to me.
“Your friends told me stay away from you. I didn’t plan to come here. But I missed you.”
-Haruka to Usagi outside of Crown Games.
These are questions sparked by the episode. Sono and Ammit discuss them in the show and want to hear your thoughts too. Please comment on this post to answer or use Twitter, Tumblr or send your replies to the inbox.
- In the helicopter, Michiru told Small Lady that her mirror is a Talisman, but she also said in the last episode that they still have to find the Talismans, not the Talisman singular. What is missing here?
- Mamoru and Usagi are not talking about some issues they are having. What does that say to you?
- Do you think Haruka feels something for Usagi? Do you think she is taken by surprise by that?
- Usagi, Mamoru and Chibi-Usa spend so much time apart and acting independently to bring together the disparate elements of the overall plot. Is that just in the interest of utility or is Takeuchi pulling the Tsukinos apart just for the tension?
- How did you like the fighting debut of Neptune and Uranus?
We hope you enjoyed the show and thank you for listening. If you’d like to comment on our thoughts, or ask any questions about Sailor Moon Crystal, send your supplications to our inbox, show us your magical might by enchanting our Submission Box on Tumblr or tell us to believe in ourselves or give us any other messages on twitter @unkamenrx.
You can reach us individually